Sid is a great little eater who will use all his energy to let out an adorable scratchy meow and rub against your legs while his food is being put together. He will also let you pet him and purr loudly while eating. Without any litter mates he has been learning his cat skills from his 7 month old foster brother. It didn't take long before Sid started cleverly outsmarting the bigger guy during their play. Sid has beat the odds and is on his way to living his best life! My care has been sponsored by Brianna Krong!
How does Sid react when being held? How does your cat feel about being picked up?
- When it is play time Sid might shy away if you reach for him. Once he's settled down though he is very docile when picked up and will stay in your lap or arms. He often purrs loudly when receiving head and belly scratches. He loves to lay on the bed on his back.
How does he play with you?
- Sid is full of kitten energy and loves to play. His favorite toy is his 7 month old foster brother who he has no fear of despite being outweighed by a 3 to 1 ratio. He will also chase anything that moves and somethings that don't move :) This includes chasing ping pong balls, fuzzy mice, a wand, fearlessly climbing to the top of the cat house and rolling around in a ripple rug.
What is his behavior like with new people and/or children?
- Sid is cautious at first around new people, but then will come out and play as usual.
What is his behavior like with other animals?
- Sid is great with his foster brother who is 7 months old. He also had some brief early exposure to our dog, a husky. He showed no fear but did not get a chance to interact or meet face to face.
What kind of litter box setup did you have for Sid? How would you describe their success using the litter box?
- Sid is litter box champion of the world! He uses his box filled with non clumping clay litter and has even ventured into the litter box of his foster brother using the Okocat litter with no problems.
Is there anything else that you would like the new adopter to know about Sid, such as any special tricks or adorable traits?
- If you're a hockey fan, yes he is named after Sidney Crosby. His animal A# ends in 87 so it only seemed fitting for such a spirited little guy. Don't worry though, whenever he meows at us we assure him the ref made a good call and he understands.